Saturday, April 12, 2008

Introduction

First let me introduce myself.

My name's Karina and I've worked in publishing for over ten years now: first in STM (scientific, medical, technical), then in trade, and most recently in educational publishing. Along the way I went back and got a Master's in Publishing from New York University's School of Continuing and Professional Studies.

None of the above necessarily makes me an expert in the field, but between all my experience and all the e-newsletters I've signed up for, I decided to start a blog on what I've read and or noticed.

And there are definitely major changes occurring now in the ever transforming world of publishing. Just in the last few months, Barnes and Noble changed their return policy, HaperCollins announced the launch of its no-advance-no-returns imprint, and Amazon keeps trying to monopolize both the POD (print-on-demand) and E-reader markets.

So as I read something...or have a random thought...I'll post it, and please feel free to correct me, if you think I'm wrong and/or to share your thoughts. You know what they say about continuing to learn until the day you die...

Until next time.

No comments: