Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Children's E-books

When I upgraded my Nook First Gen to the new Nook Easy Touch Reader, I gave my ten-year-old son my original Nook. I honestly didn't know how many kids e-books were even available: last time I had checked (granted, a while ago) there hadn't been many. Both my son and I were pretty impressed with the selection B&N now had and he quickly bought a few (much cheaper than adult ones) to get him started.

Most agree that making children's e-books enhanced and interactive makes a lot of sense and adds value beyond what the p-book can offer. After reading about all the backlist titles that are being made digital and enhanced, I started thinking back to some of my favorite series.

The first one that came to mind was the Choose Your Own Adventure series. They're still around and I tried to get my son into them a few years back. Can you imagine the potential of that in e-books? There of course is the risk of making it more of an interactive movie than an enhanced e-book, but there may be demand for both.

What series did you love as a kid that would make a great enhanced e-series?



No comments: